What exactly is Identity Theft?
Identity theft refers to crimes where someone poses as you. They may use your credit card, drivers license, social insurance number, or other personal identification numbers to commit fraud or other criminal activity.
This type of crime is on the rise in Canada. It takes only a few hours for a thief to assume your identity, but it can take months and sometimes years to restore your name and your credit.
How can you protect yourself from Identity Theft?
Talk to your Tannas Insurance Representative about protecting yourself with a Identity Theft Assistance Policy.
This policy will provide you with 24/7 assistance, and will guide you through the whole process, including finding the people you will need to contact, assisting you when dealing with the financial institutions, and more.
You will be reimbursed the costs associated with repairing your financial history or resolving other problems as a result of identity theft, up to $10,000, which includes:
- Legal representation
- Lost wages
- Loan re-application fees
- Notarizing documents
- and other expenses such as long distance phone calls, postage, courier, etc.
Benefits to you:
- Financial and legal information in the event your identity is stolen
- Assists you in restoring your good name and financial standing
- $0 deductible
- Guidance through the entire process – from prevention to recovery
- Doesn’t count as a claim on your home insurance policy, so you can maintain your claims free discount
Contact us today for more information 780-645-2901
Disclaimer – policy details are subject to change without notice
Tannas Insurance Brokers Inc.
4902 50th Street
St. Paul, Alberta T0A 3A0
Toll Free: 866-645-2901